Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 28 February 2011

The Best of Times!

As I said earlier, I went to the FANTASTIC event organised by PaperArtsy and LB Crafts.  

I was nervous about whether I would enjoy myself as I was going on my own but I needn't have worried. Everyone was really friendly and there was a great atmosphere.  I met some lovely people which made the day such good fun ... so thank you to all of you!  :) x

Tim was THE BEST.  Really amusing and approachable and very motivational.  We got LOADS of goodies to go into our boxes plus rolls of tissue tape and Ranger goodies. 

I did the 4 hours with Tim from 8.30am and the time just flew by.  I haven't finished my box (but then neither has Tim) but I will complete it asap and post it.  However, it's shaping up well (I think) so here it is so far ...



It has not feet yet and quite a bit of empty space ... but watch this space as it will be filling up soon!!

After lunch was our class with Lin and Leandra which had been extended from 2 hours to 3 1/2 hours so that we would all have time to complete our project.  How nice of them was that?!!!  

The amount of work they had put in to getting our kits ready was phenominal - all the card was pre-covered with the papers and all had been red line taped for us.  All the EZ Mount was cut (how awful a job was that - BIG THANKS to Karen - u r a STAR!!).  

Girls ... it was SO worth your efforts.  Fantastic project and really enjoyable class.  Only wish I lived nearer so could do more classes with you!!  

So, here it is!!
I loved making this piece and it has inspired me to make more 'things'.  I always scrap as I need to feel that what I make is useful and seeing my family look back through my albums and remember our trips fulfils this need.  However, this project was so enjoyable and looks so lovely that I am going to embrace it and make more items which are just made for the fun of it!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa - wasn't it just an amazing day! Your box is coming on grandly and I love the colours in your other project, I used greens and yellows, it's good how they look so individual. I have looked at your blog, love your other work, I shall stay in touch, great to meet you! Barb x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexa, It was great to meet you on Friday. Wasn't it an awesome day? Your box is coming along nicely, loving your hula hula doll! Will look forward to seeing the end result.
    The photo of you and Tim came out great (better than the 'bald headed' pic LOL!! ;)
    I meant to give you my spare pen-nib for your project, but with the excitement and craft overload of the day, I totally forgot! Anyway, if you want it, just let me know?
    I did take a peek at your web-site - Fabulous LO's! Shall pop by regularly now to see what craftiness you are up too!
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well first of all what a fabulous hairstyle you have!! You look fantastic!
    Great to hear you had such a good time. You have some gorgeous makes here, love the blues of the second piece especially.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, your box looks great, glad you had a good time, I knew you would enjoy it, love the photo with Sir Tim! See you next week. Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...