Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 17 March 2011

Bags of Style


I had an idea to make a patchwork element from the leftover squares which were snipped out of all the pre-folded papers I used to infill the configurations box.  I glued them all randomly and gave them a coat of croco basecoat and the end result was really pleasing.  This was where the fun began as I felt as if I was in free fall after that, trying to get the layout to work!  

I needed the right sort of image to go with the paper so I decided on some of my daughter after an evening at guides making an outfit from old bags and images from magazines.  The  colours and grunge feeling seemed to match, particularly in their original format with our wooden front door as a backdrop.  However, as the day progressed, ideas kept changing the style of the page;  I decided to cut her out, stamp the background and dress the dummy with relevant newspaper clippings.  I added a metal ruler, a corrugated cardboard heart, buttons and a newpaper rosette flower.

As a result, I don't think the page is typical of my usual style and I keep looking at it to make sure it works.  Anyway, it's done now and I hope you like it  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...