Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 9 March 2011

Full Nest


Apologies for the quality of the image.  Due to it being enclosed in a glass fronted box, I have struggled to get a photograph which does not have a reflection of me in front of it!!  I'll see if I can get a better picture but in the meantime, here is the best shot so far.

I converted photographs of the children into black and white and then re-colourised their eyes and blushed their cheek digitally.  I stamped the crowns onto foil card and cut them out before rolling them around a pencil to give then a 3D shape.

The clothes were cut from felt and embellished with lace and the feet were cut from a stamp of children's feet which I stamped onto photo paper.

I painted the inside of the box with Ferro Terracotta and heated it to make it bubble like old paintwork.  I painted the eggs with acrylic paint and painted the speckles on them.

The background was painted with acrylic paint and them I used burnt sienna on my finger to add texture.  I painted the wire stamp with dark brown acrylic and stamped it across one corner.

The bird is stamped from a crafty individuals stamp and coloured with pastel pencils.

This piece was a lot of fun to create and the children love it so it was worth the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...