Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Friday 20 May 2011

Earth Laughs in Flowers


Over at the Play Date Cafe the challenge is based on a photograph and it's really interesting to see what this sparks in everyone's mind.  For some people, it's clearly the colour palette, whereas for me, it was the fencing that stood out and all I could think of was country cottage.




So, that's what I did ... I covered some card with Panduro fabric and let it dry before running it through my lovely Vagabond (thankyou QVC for offering easy-pay!).  I also used it to cut my fencing from Colour Core Cardstock (Whitewash Collection) which, if you are not familiar with this, is coloured cardstock with a linen finish and whitewashed.  If you sand it, the core colour shows through.  I love it as it comes in all different core colours and is really versatile, especially when embossed.

I then set about altering some existing embellishments I had to make my little house bloom.  The background card was painted with watercolour from pale green to pale blue.  A couple of stalks painted in for my sunflowers and it's finished.

8 comments:

  1. Lovely the way you've used those 3 gorgeous main colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great dimensional piece of art Alexa :) thanks for playing along at the Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your layers and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of yummy embellishments :) Thanks for playing at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into creating it! LOVE the dimension and all the fabulous textures! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This must have taken a long time--this is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE the details! Thanks for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool take on that challenge! Love how the fencing inspired you. You added so many layers/details!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty card! And I really love that you were inspired by more than just the colors, that's fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...