Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 19 May 2011

Grungy Monday 07



I've finally found time to enter Linda's Grungy Monday challenge ... having gained an extra hour in my day today, due to being woken by a naughty cat at 5.30 (trust me ... he's not so cute when he's pulling the carpet outside my door!) and decided to use the time to make my tag. 

The challenge this week was to use Tim Holtz's  Distress Colour Ink Blocking technique.

I inked the background using the technique and then spritzed it with water and removed some of the ink to soften the effect.  I stamped the music on the side with a Versamark ink pad and painted violet mica powder over it. 

The birds and nest are from the Artful Flight CMS 069 set and the sentiment from Stuff to Say CMS110.

I sprayed the lace lightly with Dylusions inks and added a stitched heart button and fibres. Not a bad job just as the kids start to emerge for breakfast ... must diary another 5.30 slot!!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Alexa. Love your colored blocking piece. The elements you used to finish it out coordinate perfectly with the colors you used. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag! Isn't that color blocking a beautiful background?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I for one am happy that "naughty kitty" help give you that push to create! This tag is so beautiful and I love your color blocking! You have a very interesting looking cat!!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great colour choice - just right for your images! Lovely dyed lace too.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Sarah at 46.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful tag, love the background colors and the images.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag! Love the way you transitioned the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag! Love the fibres and all the details. Nice vibrant colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful tag. Your colours choices are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh I'm lovin' your tag the colour combo is divine

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...