Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday 10 July 2011

Tresco


This is another page for my Isles of Scilly album.

For this page, I printed my photo onto canvas and distressed the edges before fixing it to the paper.  I then tinted some Golden Molding Paste with acrylic paint before blending the edges of my picture into the background paper.  

 
Once the paste was dry, I created some more coloured pastes using inks and used them with various flower stamps to create textured blooms.  The best stamps for this technique are those which are deep cut and mounted onto wood such as the fabulous alium which is by The English Stamp Company and is one of my all-time favourites!  Once these dried, I stamped some flat images to finish the bottom of the page.

The branch and birds at the top were also created using molding paste and a Crafters Companion stencil.  

The title letters were painted with acrylic paints and some tinted glass bead gel.  The hanging tag is made using Vintaj brass elements.

6 comments:

  1. gorgeous. i love the splashy texture,fab piece
    Hope you have had a lovely weekend
    Hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, and messy is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty, the different textures are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely page, so much texture!
    Helen S

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...