Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Max


This month at Gingersnap Creations, we are concentrating on the Joys of Childhood and this week's challenge is G113 Babes and Tots.

I had a great photo in mind for this challenge of all my tribe in the bath with squirty soap on their heads but I'm a bit lacking in bathroom themed stamps so instead, I've opted for some shots of my little boy (now aged 13) on the beach.  Funny how they don't really change isn't it?  Still happy to pose for the camera and still got a ready smile ... well at least some of the time anyway!

My background paper was white linen and I used a combination of glimmer sprays and a Crafter's Workshop template (mini seashells) to create the seaside effect.  The palm tree, stamp and crab are all from Tattered Angels beach screen prints stamps.

I created the title using a technique shown to me at the Tim Holtz workshop I went to back in February.  I painted grungeboard squares with black paint dabbers and inked the grungeboard latters with Vintage Photo.  I adhered the 2 parts to make faux ink blocks which I think look really cool.

A starfish in the corner completed the page along with a little dusty concord and faded jeans distress around the edge of the page.

This is a really great challenge to enter as it is a wide category giving you plenty of scope so I hope you feel inspired to dig out some old photos and head on up to the challenge!!!  

Happy crafting :)

3 comments:

  1. Great layout, love the maritim theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome layout, Alexa - it's so nice to have a scrapbook page in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...