Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Fruit Market



This was another layout I completed over the weekend.

I started by tearing up some chinese newspaper which I was given some time ago and which was ideal for my Thailand photographs.  I stuck the various pieces on the page and then added strips of masking tape to some areas for more texture in the background.

I combined gesso with acylic paints and Byzantia paint (Stewart Gill) to match the colours in the photograph of the fruit stall.  I added various stamps inked with staz-on to complete the background.




It's hard to see in the photo but I created a basket effect in pearl white paint by painting in opposite directions for the photograph to be matted on to.  I used miniature bobble braid and three small pearls to finish the frame.



I tucked a small doily behind the photograph onto which I added my flower stem (Prima) and a gorgeous large pearl button.


I tied a small luggage tag onto my flower which I just used to add the date of the photograph.



The final touches were the addition of the title for my page, a butterfly lozenge and a little Tim Holtz tissue tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...