Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Self Portrait


This was a tough assignment.

We are asked to produce a self portrait for our photography course.  Of course this would involve all the usual technical issues associated with getting the photograph right (help!), but more problematic, was deciding what we wanted to say about ourselves and how to capture that.

I spent the whole week trying to think what to do and then trying to think how to capture that idea on the camera.  But in the end, as the rain continued to pour down putting an end to on any outside shots, I decided that simple was best.

I didn't want to be a big feature in my self portrait as it was more about character and interests than my physical self.  So I set up this canvas in my living room and using a remote timer I took some shots.

I'm happy with the result but may re-visit the self portrait idea to see what else I can come up with.

x

7 comments:

  1. I think this self portrait is absolutely amazing as well as the canvas! Too me, you captured the perfect self! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a fabulous canvas and a fabulous photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Terry.... this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous idea! I just scrolled through several of your posts and adore your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is looking really beautiful! You're very brave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is stunning, the colours and composition just perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alexa
    This creates much more interest for the viewer and says more about you.
    Quite stunning.
    Thanks for visiting me even when I've been unable to pop over and say Hi.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...