Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday 5 August 2012

Butterfly Canvas


I recently got a card through to door to collect a parcel from the local sorting office.  I was mystified as to what is was as I hadn't ordered anything that I could remember.  So, what a lovely surprise it was to collect the parcel and find it was a top which my Mum had bought for me as a treat!  It has purple and mauve butterflies diagonally across the front with little silver studs in between and is gorgeous.

I wanted to make something to thank her and use the butterfly theme.  I started by making the large alterations butterfly with acetate behind the wings which I coloured with alcohol inks.  I then used distress stains to create my background and I added distress inks to increase the colour on various parts. 

The butterfly border is another Tim Holtz die which I cut from some of his District Market paper and coloured with Mica Powders so they shimmer subtly on top of the background writing.  The large swirl stamp and the seed head stamp is by Donna Downey.

The doily was spritzed with glimmer mists and very carefully allowed to dry as doilies fall apart very easily once sprayed!  

The photograph is of the children and is printed out onto canvass and the journalling is printed onto cardstock which I tinted with inks.  The journalling reads: 

It's not just Butterflies that Emerge in New Forms, 
Children MetamorphoseRight in Front of Your Eeyes, 
Chaning into Young Adults with their own Thoughts and Opinions, 
Something that is Truly Amazing.  
It's the Best Journey to be a Part of.

I bought a canvas and painted the edges to match my project with acrylic paints.  I stamped butterflies on all the edges and used Tissue Tape for added interest.  Once dry, I fixed the project to the canvas.

I hope Mum likes it as I was pleased with the end result.






2 comments:

  1. What a stunner! Love this butterfly canvas and how perfect to use a family photo! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome canvas. Love the butterflies!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...