Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 20 November 2012

I am not who I was yesterday ...




I've just bought this absolutely gorgeous stamp by Phyllis Harris and am looking for any excuse to use it.  So, as I had to make a card for a friend's birthday, it seemed like a good excuse.

It's a really simple card - I embossed my little girl before swiping acrylic paint lightly across the card.  I then wiped it back off her with a baby wipe.

The edge of the card is embossed with Cosmic Shimmer Golden Sparkle which is another of my favourite things at the moment.  The sentiment is by Donna Downey and is stamped with StazOn onto a small metal tag.

The card looks really sweet in real life - something which doesn't really translate well in the photo.

So, that's it for cards.  They are not my favourite things to make and so extra coffee and chocolate has been consumed this afternoon to get me going!  Downside is that I'm going to have to work a bit harder at the gym tonight to make amends!!

Hope you are having a creative day wherever you are.  The weather here is doing its best to dash all creativity - it's dark grey, windy and wet!  Welcome to autumn in England!! x




5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous freedom to this stamp and your card in general, I believe the swiping on and off with the paint has helped to create that sense of freedom, it is quite special Alexa.
    Please don't mention chocolate or I might just find myself seeking some out!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said and well done! I love the effect you created with the baby wipes! I agree with what Lynne said about there being a feeling of freedom to this stamp! Great stamp and card, which your friend will love! Have fun, stay dry and craft away! It is pretty nice here today and I sometimes wonder why I am sitting here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jus gorgeous Alexa - love the background effect and it is a gorgeous stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! I LOVE what the sentiment and image say together! Your background is PERFECT. This just made me happy. I am homebound due to health, yet even I feel this way with the excitement of life. Thanks for making my day - it's a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...