Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Quarr Abbey


This is my first post as be DT member of the Try it on Tuesday blog - which is very exciting!  I have joined a fabulous group of talented ladies so be sure to go and take a look at some of the gorgeous creations they have made for this challenge. 

This fortnight is "Let's get Inky'!  What a great initial challenge for me as I always struggle not to get inky!!  The other bonus is that if you are not a Christmas crafter (and I am not!) this challenge is still right up your street.



We are sponsored this month by Delidious Doodles who are offering 4 digi stamps from their store - so don't miss you chance to be a winner!

I'm really excited to post this layout as I have been working hard on my techniques and style but am only just able to start posting my new creations ... so watch this space!!  One of things I really wanted to achieve was a more seamless end result and so I've been getting through a fair bit of molding paste and acrylic paint lately and taken over the house whilst they all dry out!

This photo is of the ruins of Quarr Abbey on the Isle of Wight which actually now forms part of a farmhouse garden.  There are great views over the ruined walls towards the mainland.

I used molding paste with a stencil to create the bricks and more paste and inks to blend out my photo.  I decided to be quite bold with my colour scheme by adding the pink but I really like the end result.  

I used acrylics and shimmerz inks for my background and added flourishes with a Lost Coast stamp.  The bird and branch is by Maya Road and the flowers and butterflies are Prima.

The sheep stamp is part of an Artemia farmyard set (that I had no use for but fell in love with!) from a little craft shop in Cornwall.

Hope you are all having a great week ... x

 



10 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, the layout and the techniques you used are superb. There are no seams, it looks very organic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexa, I really like the way your picture and background meld into each other! Awesome job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page, I like the way you incorporated the photograph in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photo melting into the inky creativity of the background - great project! Congratulations on joining the TIOT team!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your new DT! Love this piece you've made with the rich blues and purples. The drippage is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your DT position, how exciting.
    I love how you have integrated the background and the photo on this layout Alexa. The overlap of images and colours has worked so well. A great piece.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photo and the background its a fantastic layout. Its lovely to have you with us on the TioT's tea.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great lets get inky project, love the colours and layout. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...