Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 13 December 2012

Wicked Wednesday ATC



I don't usually do ATC's ... actually that's not true ... I have never done an ATC before in my life!!  I had to google to find out what size they need to be!!  Is that bad? 

Anyway, I might not be an ATC veteran but I am a big fan of Stampotique and I follow their blog and marvel at the gorgeous work that their DT create.  My kids buy me the small stamps for mother's day and my birthday which makes them extra special and they always stamp so beautifully they are a joy to work with.

I have been focusing on other avenues recently so haven't had chance to enter many of their challenges but I checked out the blog this week and found one based on Wings so I really wanted to put a mini project together and join in the fun.

So, I turned my tree (Daniel Torrente) on its side to create a branch for my little tired angel (Jill Penney) to rest against under the stars. 

I didn't want to cut and mount my branch so I stamped it in archival and then carefully created by background around it with a combination so water, distress stains, a heat gun and a paintbrush.  The stars are created from two sizes of crystals and the words are  Stampotique.

I coloured my branch with pencils and mounted my angel carefully with silcone gel  before adding some final border lines around the edge.

Hope you like her! x


4 comments:

  1. Brilliant Alexa, love the way you've turned the tree on its side. Love that idea. Love your background too. I'm your newest follower too. Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to believe its your first ATC, it looks fabulous. The angel is a favourite of mine.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! The blue background with the stars is just beautiful! Thanks for joining the GDT challenge at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful background on this ATC, so gorgeous! Best of luck on the GDT.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...